Wednesday 27 August 2014

Fun Iced Biscuits!



Afternoon all, I made these cute iced biscuits with my son this afternoon and I thought I would share the simple recipe so you can try them yourselves! I'm not an expert and these are just a bit of fun!

Ingredients:

100g / 3 1/2 oz Unsalted Butter
100g / 3 1/2 oz Caster sugar
1 egg
275g / 10 oz Plain Flour
1 tsp Vanilla extract

Icing Sugar
Food colouring of your choice


 What to do:
  1. Put oven on 190 C 
  2. Cream butter and sugar in bowl
  3. Beat egg and vanilla extract. Add this a little at a time to bowl.
  4. Stir in the flour.
  5. Roll out dough to 1cm thick, use a cutter of your choice, small ones usually work better for biscuits.
  6. Cook for 10-12 mins -this does vary depending on how big your biscuits are, little star shape cutters are nice to use, I just couldn't find mine so used a scone cutter.

Leave your biscuits to cool and then you can decorate them, always the best part for children!
I use about 400g/14 oz of icing sugar mixed with a couple of drops of water to make the icing. Mix it well then add some food colouring. I use a teaspoon to add the icing and added sprinkles before it set. 

And that is it, they taste great and are quick to make! 

Thanks for reading, 

Lauraemie
@Lulatink 
X



No comments:

Post a Comment