Wednesday 20 August 2014

Liebster Award Nomination


Hi, now I know this is a bit later than planned, we've had a busy couple of days out so please forgive me! I really need to start doing posts on set days of the week...

So as you can see from the rather fuzzy picture, I have been nominated (by three people!) for the Liebster Award. For a relatively new blogger I am thrilled that I have been given the award and hope it brings more people to my blog. I have had some lovely comments on my posts and I just want to thank you all for being soo supportive, I never thought anyone would actually read my posts.

Thank you to Amy at Amy's Corner for nominating me, please go and take a look at her blog! And to Jodie Jottings and Kayleigh Sunley from Whatkaydoes

Having not heard of the award before I did have to read up on what it was all about. So, the Liebster Blog Award is an internet-based award that's passed from blogger to blogger. It is designed to help people find new blogs to read and follow. I think it's also a pretty nice way of introducing myself to you all!

There are a few rules to follow:
  • Link back to the person who nominated you
  • Answer all the questions that you are given
  • Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers on Bloglovin' to nominate
  • Pick 11 questions for them to answer and let them know 

Questions for me by Amy
1. What's your favourite place to eat and drink?
 Gosh to be honest we don't go out all that often- with a 4 year old it's usually a trip to Mcdonalds!!
But I do really love Prezzo as it has a lovely atmosphere is there.
2. What's the best beauty and/or life hack you know? 
This is tricky! I think it's got to be making my hair wavy, I plait my hair in two french plaits the night before when its damp, then in the morning its soft and lovely waves! Looks like i spent ages doing it but in reality i just hate drying my hair!
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you like to have with you? 
Apart from the obvious - water! - then probably a guitar (although i have forgotten how to play)  my camera (I know the battery wouldn't last long!) and a tardis (to get home before it went dark).
4. What's a random fact about yourself that not many people know? 
Hmm I'm really not that interesting! My elbows bend back more than they should do! 
5. Money is no issue and you get to visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? 
I would love to visit Australia, I have a love for the beach.
6. What is your most prized possession?
That's got to be my engagement ring, it's sparkly and beautiful!
7. Name the last film or TV program you watched that you can't stop telling people about it.
It's called Utopia and it was on channel 4- It was amazing! Go watch it!
8. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? 
I'd probably be a Tiger just because i think they are magnificent. 
9. What's your biggest achievement to date?
Well i have finished uni, so that's kinda my greatest achievement education wise. I hope to one day soon set up my own business which has a lot of my love for art and design in it.
10. If you could create a TV show, what would you call it and what would it be about? 
 It would be like a documentary show i think about random people's lives or businesses, a bit like Louis Theroux but following people getting their dreams.
11. What's one beauty-related item that you cannot live without? 
Right now it is Kiehl Creamy eye treatment. Magical stuff!


Questions for me by Jodie

1. If you could get on a plane to anywhere tomorrow, where would you go? 
2. What trend are you most excited for for Autumn/Fall this year?
I honestly do not really follow the latest trends, but I am looking forward to wearing ankle boots and a shirt i bought in spring! 
3. What is your favourite thing about being a blogger?
Taking pictures.
4. If you could only have make up from one brand from now on, which brand would you choose?
 L'oreal because I just love their Eau de Teint foundation.
5. What are your top 3 ultimate make up products?
Coco channel lipstick in Boy.
L'oreal eau de teint
YSL shocking mascara
6. Do you have any weird habits?
No! Of course not!
7. Which 3 words would you use to describe your personal style? 
Girly, Unique, not necessarily a trend follower.
8. What would your dream house be like and where would it be?
We are pretty lucky where we are right now, we live in the country but are closer enough to a few towns to go shopping. In the future i would love to live by the sea and be able to walk along the beach every morning with a couple of dogs =)
9. What is your favourite high street/online clothing shop?
ASOS without a doubt!
10. Do you have any go-to everyday jewellery pieces?
My engagement ring and a ring i got for my last birthday from Cyprus are always on my fingers. I don't tend to wear much else.
11. What do your family think about your blog?
My partner is the only one that knows at the moment and he has been really supportive of me doing it! Nobody else knows right now.
 
Questions for me by Kayleigh
1.Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In work, or working for myself, married, our own house and nicer car with another child. One can dream!
2.What was the last product you bought, that you were really impressed with? 
Maybelline's Big eyes mascara is great.
3.What is your favourite book, film and T.V series?
OO i can't remember who it was by but the book is called 'ROOM', that story stayed with me a long time. I love Wall-e and Toy Story's and Coraline. 'Utopia' has been my current favourite tv series.
4. What three things you cannot live without?
Ipad, cuddles, chocolate.
5. What does a normal day in your life consist of?
At the moment it is the summer hols and i have finished uni, so every moment is entertaining my son! A typical day at home, if we are not going out to friends or meeting family looks like this... He wakes at 7am so we get up, have shower, breakfast and he gets to play while i tidy up and daddy goes off to work. I always play games with my son and play outside if it's not raining. We love to go for bike rides (him on his balance bike!) and sort the animals out. Daddy comes home for lunch which is lovely as we all have it together then he goes back to work until 5. In the afternoon we usually read books and I try to encourage my son to do play outside or do some drawing. If he plays quietly I usually come upstairs to write a few posts and catch on Youtube! We all have tea together at 5, in the evening we don't really do that much and it's usually tele time, bath, story and bed for our son. I like to chekc emails and twitter and take part in chats on there. The last couple of nights we have been designing my new blog icons- how romantic!
6. What are the top 5 places you want to visit and why?
America - LA and New York
Australia - Sydney 
Cornwall again because its beautiful down there
London again, I would love to meet up with some bloggers and be cool and go for coffee haha.
7. If you could meet anyone dead, alive who would it be? 
Well i can't say i would like to meet anyone that is dead...I really haven't got a clue! I'm not the type of person to idolise people so I'm quite happy in my own little bubble!
8. What is your favourite food?
CHOCOLATE- i love kinder bars =D
 9. Whats your favourite season of the year?
I love summer, so i can wear shorts and skirts and walk around with bare feet.
But i also love winter when it's all crispy and i can wrap up with a blanket and have hot chocolate.
So i would say i don't have a favourite season i just hate the rain!
10. If money wasn't an object, what would you do all day?
Run a business myself...
11. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
How to do graphic design on Illustrator.
Speak another language.
Learn how to sew better.

 
 The Bloggers I wish to nominate are:
 
Blinkered Barbie Life
Elesaurus
Milliegrace
What Lindsay Bought
Jess Mcguire Optimism Proposal
Blonde Vision
 
And anyone reading this post is more than welcome to do it too! 
 
My questions for you are:
 
1. What are you most excited for?
2. What are you most scared of?
3.Why do you write a blog?
4. What is the best thing you have done in the last year?
5. What do you hope to do in the next 5 years?
6. Do you have pets, if so what are they?
7. Do your friends know you have a blog? If Yes what do they think of it?
8.What food do you hate?
9.What is your favourite nail varnish?
10.What is your favourite hair product?
11. Are you a city or country person?
 

Thank you for reading!

P.S my new studio lights came today- lots more posts coming soon with pretty pictures! And I am hoping I will have a new blog design by the end of the week- My lovely other half is doing it for me and so far it looks sooo good. I can't wait to show you!


Follow me @Lulatink
 
Lauraemie
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment